Wednesday, August 19, 2009

In this moment of quietness

I am listening to a older brother teach his younger sister how to play chess right now. It's one of those sweet heartwarming moments. He has to be at least 16 or 17... The girl is probably half his age. He is being very patient and she... well, she has the most confused look on her face ever. I don't know how to play chess. So part of me is amazed that this young child can even remember all of the rules. They are all baffling to me. (I do however play a mean game of Connect 4)

I needed to witness this moment this afternoon. It's a mess in here. It was very busy this morning. And now there are just these two in here, quietly playing. This doesn't happen often enough, this is what this place is meant for.

No comments:

Post a Comment